Skip to content
- Read to your young child every day.
- You can also choose English picture books with little text and translate or tell the story. Look for things in “I spy” books using all the German words…
- Use books with lots of repetition. Let the children finish the sentence or let them guess what happens next.
- Keep reading out loud to your older children as it will greatly enhance their German vocabulary. Specially when books geared to that age group are still too daunting to read for the child itself reading with your child is important.
- Read a book together taking turns reading out loud.
- Have your child read a book in German from a series she knows in English for example “Magic tree house” (Das magische Baumhaus).