We are hoping to offer in-person classes again in the winter of 2021/22, but will also continue to offer an online option for our adult classes. Please state your preference when registering for your class.
We offer Beginner, and Intermediate/Advanced classes three times a year (Fall/Winter/Spring).
We are now also able to provide adult learners with the opportunity to take the A1 exam to fulfill visa requirements (Goethe-Institut certificate). Please speak to your teacher or our director if you are interested in this.
- Term: 10 classes per term.
- Class Times for face-to face courses
- Saturdays 9.30-11am (Beginner 1) & 11-12.30pm (Beginner 2)
- Class Times for online courses vary. Please go to REGISTRATION and check the current class times for your preferred class.
- Course dates for the current school year: Please refer to our calendar page.
- Location: St. Patrick's Elementary School or online
- Cost: Please refer to our tuition page.
- To register click here
Beginner 1& 2 use the book Menschen A 1.1 from Hueber Verlag.
Beginner 1 is for complete beginners. You will learn how to introduce and talk about yourself and your family, learn how to describe and purchase everyday objects and office work conversation. This course usually covers Chapter 1-6 in the book Menschen A 1.1.
Beginner 2 is for beginners who have completed Beginner 1 or have previously studied German basics. This course will often repeat office work conversation. It aims to cover Chapter 7-12 in the book Menschen A 1.1. Amongst other things, you will learn to talk about your leisure activities, how to give compliments, tell the time, talk about your food preferences, ask for your way when travelling, talk about a past day and past travels and learn about historical German festivals.
Intermediate is designed to build on Beginner 1 & 2, and is suitable for those with a basic understanding of grammar and vocabulary, to increase competency in a variety of thematic areas.
Advanced German requires a solid foundation of the German language.