Skip to content
Where to find German books in Victoria
- The German school has a library where you can take out books and DVDs every Saturday.
- At the school’s Weihnachtsfest and at the Sommerfest there usually is a book table with new and used books for sale.
- Share and trade with other families.
- The Greater Victoria public library has German books at the Central branch. You can log onto their web page (www.gvpl.ca), click on “catalogue”, then “more search options”, then on “call number” and type in GER and in “search in” click on “Children’s”. The other option is to look for the Author, the German titles will be on the list as well. You can put a hold on the books and have them delivered to your branch.
- www.Amazon.ca sells German books.
- Ask visiting relatives to bring the latest books from Germany.
- People have found great German books at the Times Columnist book drive that happens once a year.
- Through GCNews http://www.germancanadiannews.ca/EN/index.html you can subscribe to German magazines like Geolino.