Adults may reserve a place for the Spring/Summer term (April to July) term for the following classes:
- Beginner 1 - Saturdays, 9:30am to 11:00am, UVic campus – reserve online
- Beginner 1 – Tuesdays, 5:30pm to 7:00pm, UVic campus - CANCELLED
- Beginner 2 – Saturdays, 11:05am to 12:35pm, UVic campus - reserve online
- Beginner 2 – Tuesdays, 5:30pm to 7:00pm, UVic campus – CANCELLED
- Intermediate 1 - Saturdays, 9:30am to 11:00am, UVic campus - reserve online
- Intermediate 2 – Saturdays, 11:05am to 12:35pm, UVic campus - reserve online
- Advanced 1 - Sat, 9:30am to 11:00am, UVic campus - reserve online
- Advanced 2 - Sat, 11:05am to 12:35pm, UVic campus - reserve online
- German for Travelers- Tues, 5:00 to 6:30pm, UVic campus - CANCELLED
In the Western communities:
- Beginner 1 German – Wed, 5:30pm to 7:00pm, Juan de Fuca Rec Centre, 250-478-8384 to reserve a spot
- Beginner 2 German – Wed, 4:00pm to 5:30pm, Juan de Fuca Rec Centre, 250-478-8384 to reserve a spot
- German for Travellers – Thurs, 5:30pm to 7:00pm, Juan de Fuca Rec Centre, 250-478-8384 to reserve a spot
- Kids Club – Thurs, 4:00 to 5:30pm, Juan de Fuca Rec Centre, 250-478-8384 to reserve a spot
Welcome to the Victoria German School! Based in Victoria BC, the Victoria German School (VGS) is a recognized heritage language school that offers German language classes for children and adults, and organizes numerous cultural events within the community.
The Victoria German School has provided meaningful German language and cultural education in the Victoria area for over 25 years. VGS offers a wide range of classes, including German language introduction for pre-school and elementary levels, provincial high school credits, assistance in meeting German university requirements, and various adult classes. VGS fosters a community spirit, and family and friends are welcomed at many special events such as Laternenfest, Weihnachtsfest, Fasching, and more.
The Victoria German School is operated by the non-profit Victoria German School Society, a volunteer board of executives, our director and staffed by a team of energetic and dedicated teachers and assistants. Our programs are funded through tuition fees and fundraisers, as well as donations from parents, the community at large, the BC Direct Access Program and the Federal Government of Germany.
We are a proud member of the Canadian Association of German Language Schools and the PASCH Partner School Initiative. VGS teachers actively participate in German language professional development opportunities, and are involved in a variety of German culture activities in the greater community.
Thank you for visiting our website and we look forward to working with you!