We offer Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced classes three times a year (Fall/Winter/Spring).
- Term: 10 weeks of instruction per term.
- Class Times: Beginner German, Intermediate & Advanced German class times vary, please check out our website or contact us for more information.
- Location: Clearihue Building at UVIC.
- Cost: Please refer to our tuition page.
- To register click here
Beginner German is designed to bring a complete beginner to a level where he/she can perform a variety of basic tasks using the German language competently.
Intermediate/Advanced German is designed to build on Beginner German to increase competency in a variety of thematic areas.
- Entry Requirements: None for Beginner German. A basic understanding of grammar and vocabulary for Intermediate classes and a solid foundation for Advanced German. These courses are suitable for anyone wishing to learn how to speak German (e.g. to communicate with family and friends, travel to Germany or support raising your children bilingually).
- Course Content: The courses focus on spoken German – practising basic expressions of everyday language and listening comprehension. Grammar and writing are addressed. German culture and customs are integrated into the courses.